The strangest thing happened this morning. I woke at 6:14 pretty much wide awake. As I lay there, not quite ready to put my feet on the floor, I began praying about our day ahead (we are starting the last 4 weeks of our 1st trimester of school so of course this day needs to be super covered in prayer )
God impressed upon me that today is a clean slate. A brand new chance to live the day in love, His love. That I get to spend the day with people He has so graciously blessed my life with and that not one minute of this day should be wasted. I was mentally trying to compute how many minutes one day held. I never did reach a number by the way.
So, I continued praying for the people in my life, the day before me etc and fell back to sleep. I woke up an hour later. As I began my quiet time, I was awed by what I read in one of my devotionals. It was a story of a lady who woke from a dream essentially about $1,440 being deposited into her bank account each day. The only stipulation was that she wisely spend each dollar that day and that it couldn't be carried over to the next day. She asked God to reveal what it meant and it dawned on her that 1440 was the total number of minutes each 24 hour day holds.
WOW - God is so faithful in the details of our lives. I wonder if I was given $1,440 to spend today if I would treat it differently than the minutes of this day. The minutes are so much more valuable. I am grateful for this little lesson that I pray will yield huge returns. Eternally!!
Lord, I pray I spend this days 1,440 minutes to bring you glory. Oh, how I love You!
Spend your 1440 wisely!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Monday, July 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment