I don't watch a lot of news, read the newspapers or even maintain a Facebook account. I am somehow oblivious to important events in my very own community. Imagine my horror when I drove down Highway 75 through town to catch a glimpse of this...
What it the world!? How did I not know that this vital part of my teenage years was being reduced to rubble! If you aren't from around here you may not know what this heap once was but I assure you, this place held some fabulous memories for me. It used to be this...I'm not sure the year this was built (maybe around 1976?) but I know I ate my first Big Mac here, walked here on Friday night with my friends after watching a movie at a nearby theater, came here with Rick when we wanted a late night snack and often made stops in the drive through with my BFF to get McDonaldland or Chocolate Chip Cookies - back in the day when they were in boxes. As young teens our moms took turns picking us up outside the doors and I am pretty sure each of my 4 children had their first French Fry at this place! Another bit of triva - I worked here for one short shift as a 17 year old. I hated it. I think they scheduled me at the worst possible time for my first shift - dinnertime on a Friday night! Anyway, I promptly quit.
Anyway, I'm happy to report this sign below gave me a small bit of hope - it won't be the original but the great thing is that memories can't be torn down! The building doesn't have to stand for me to look back on some super happy days at McD's!
No comments:
Post a Comment