Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Sneak Peak

Things on the house are coming along! It's fun to go see what's been worked on at the end of each day. It changes all the time and every day it becomes more a reality. Here's a little update on what our house looks like as of last night! Of course tonight these pictures will be outdated as new things will have occured! 
 Last weekend they finished up the Geo-Thermal Heating and Cooling System. I still don't get how it works but I'm fascinated by it all! 
The trench 3 feet down and do all sorts of stuff below ground. Somehow, they tell me, it's going to efficiently and effectively keep our home cool in summer and warm in winter.

  The kids all put their handprints on the front porch - Here is Hunter
 Kyleigh
 Addison
All 4 handprints with their names - No picture of Preslie putting her handprint. Long story.
 This is the fireplace on the kitchen side of the house. Gorgeous!
 This is the other side of the fireplace on the great room side of the house. The mantle will be painted.
 View of the kitchen from the eating area. The island will be distressed black and the cabinets are stained. Can't wait to see the granite countertop on the island! No walls in our house will be beige. Bold colors to come soon!
 The pantry door (in the middle) and the doors going to the kids rec room on either side! Lovely!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...