Monday, August 20, 2012

No More Glasses

When Preslie was about 5 months old I noticed her eye turned in and she seemed to have a time seeing things close up. We took her to a pediatric eye doctor and she began wearing an eye patch and that helped her so much.   At 13 months of age she began wearing glasses. I thought she looked absolutely adorable in them! We knew her eyes would correct and one day she would be glasses free!
But, until then, for the next 8 and 1/2 years we would go every six months for check ups.

Last week we took her to a neurological and pediatric eye specialist in Ok City and he did a thorough exam on her and concluded that her vision is normal, her muscle tone is normal and her glasses are no longer needed!

Her little face lit up when she heard no more glasses. Although she's always been so great about wearing them, clearly she was good with no longer wearing them. Later she said- in her own words - "now I can be like the rest of my family."  I never knew she felt 'different' but makes sense! Anyway, she is now free of glasses and her vision is normal. Glory to God!

After we'd been in the car a little while she asked to see her glasses. I had put them beside my readers (because my eyes are...aging) in the side of my purse. Oddly enough, when I pulled them out the ear piece was all weird and when she put them on it came off completely. Her glasses broke confirming that chapter is over!

Sweet little face
Oh, to go back for a moment with these sweet girls - Addi age 4 and Preslie age 17 months

Thank you God for healing her eyes! She is fearfully and wonderfully made!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...