Thirty-one weeks ago we began our school session. One hundred and fifty-five days of school. Getting up every morning to start school at 9:15! We did take off a week in March to enjoy spring break. Additionally, we took a two week block in July. So, I guess technically we did 140 days of school - in a row! Does that seem like a lot to anyone else? I know to the 4 of us doing it, it seemed like a lot of school! But come mid-July it was clear to my discerning soul that there was a desperate situation. We were weary. Tired of the monotony of it all. I fear had we not taken that short commercial break we might now have finished strong. But, we are finishing strong and I'm not diluted or deceived that it was storybook. It wasn't. However, the good the bad and the ugly of our lives wouldn't keep me from it for a second. I am so sold out thrilled that I get to do this thing I can hardly stand it.
The girls and I went grocery shopping earlier this week after we finished school. This day in particular was busy. We'd worked on our school lessons and needed to fit in grocery shopping between eye brow waxing and our hair appointments. As we walked out the door to begin our afternoon I paused to mentioned how grateful I was that I had my three girls with me for the afternoon. I truly was grateful. I recognize how blessed I am to get to spend such great time each day with three amazing people. I don't take it lightly or for granted. These three girls are extraordinary. I treasure them and I'm awed and thankful.
The reality is that anyone could teach them the basics of education. There are certainly people who grasp mitosis, trig, sentence diagraming and phonics, to name a few, better than I. But, I assure you, there is no one on this earth who knows or loves these girls like I do. The learning that occurs is secondary to the really important stuff we do together.
So, we are pretty excited around here that we put a little bow on our first eleven weeks of the trimester today. It's a new concept for us because traditionally we followed the public school calendar. But we are now one-third of the way through with our 2012-13 school year. We now get to take our 'summer break' and enjoy this new season of life.
We will be packing up to move to our new home in about three weeks. Once there, we'll unpack boxes, decorate our home, set up each room and enjoy time together. The girls will enjoy riding horses and being outside in the country. I have some fun plans for our fall that I can't wait to share. But we still need to do today. And we will. And we'll finish strong.
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment