Friday, August 31, 2012

The Latest

The house is in the final stages of completion. The rooms are being painted and as you can clearly see we went BOLD in the color department. The girls will have their very own rooms for the very first time. I still have my doubts that they will actually sleep in their own rooms and not be in each others beds but who knows. Sisters.

 We told them to choose their own colors so they began planning what they wanted their rooms to look like. We looked at samples, we bought quarts and quarts of color. We painted poster boards to have a better look and they finally selected their own personal colors for their walls.

 This is Addison's room color. It's called Krokus Petal Purple. I'm not at all shocked she chose purple. It's consistently been her favorite color for years! Little trivia - when my family moved to Atlanta my 8th grade year I got to choose my room color. It was white wallpaper with flowers this color and gorgeous purple carpet!
 I hope she loves her room as much as I loved mine!
 Kyleigh has consistently loved pink! The color she chose is Benjamin Moore Country Girl Pink. Perfect!
 Preslies color inspiration came from a little stuffed frog Kristen gave her when she was sick. Her frog is named Lilly and she is this color. Her room is going to be so cute!
 This color is Benjamin Moore Nimbus Grey. In reality it is a deeper color but this is close. It's a deep grey blue. Absolutely love this color! It is in the kids rec room, the kitchen and eating area, the mudroom/laundry room, master bath and powder room.
 LOVE IT!!
 This is just a shot of the ceiling and walls in the kitchen. The ceiling is Grey Mist and the walls Nimbus Blue.  This is a more true wall color.
Looking into the kitchen 
Aside from checking out the paint colors some other things were happening out at the house. Rick is putting in a sprinkler system and the fence.around the backyard.
 Measuring and setting the markers so he can drill the holes. I love that he can do anything. Really, I've yet to find anything he can't do and do well. I'm thankful for him. Even though we never get to 'call the man' to do repairs, do the manual labor or build things I'm glad he can do so many things!

 This is a skid loader with a post hole digger - huge help 
 These 2 did some four wheel riding
 She kind of hung out on the trailer

Kyleigh helped Rick's friend Kenny nail in some markers. She only hit his hand a time or two.
 
This is my cute husband in his hat we bought him at Bass Pro for Father's Day
The views are one of my favorite things about our little spot in the world.
The sky was gorgeous today!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...