My memory has this bizzare ability to remember dates. I'm not sure it's an especially great thing but dates stick, most of the time. Birthdays, anniversaries, deaths and not just of my immediate family. It's weird. Some dates I wish I could forget but can't. All burned into my memory.
However, todays date is near and dear to my heart. Today would be my parents 59th anniversary. Even though my dad isn't here with us, this date will always be significant to me.
When mom was 19 years old she married my dad. He was 27. After knowing one another a few short months, they were married and started a tradition of family for me. They would go on to build a marriage and a family that has been foundational in my life. I'm forever grateful that they selflessly loved me and my brothers and raised us in a home full of love, acceptance and taught us the things that would carry us through this life successfully.
Their commitment to marriage and one another has been huge to me as I follow in their ways. Like all marriages, it wasn't always rainbows and butterflies. But, they loved each other, were committed to one another, worked through things and kept moving forward together and the good outweighed the bad.
How grateful I am for their marriage and our family.
Happy Anniversary- wish you were here!

No comments:
Post a Comment