Friday, May 31, 2013

You Might Live in the Country if...

You're playful dog has been sprayed in the face by a skunk. In your own backyard! Peeeee yew!

A shotgun and a few large cans of tomato juice later, peace was restored.

Bo is our laid back dog we found about 5 years ago when someone dumped him out at my mother-in-laws house. He is so laid back, but so playful as well. He reminds us of Chance on Homeward Bound. He has so many funny little quirks. Two being...he lays down to eat and must be leaning up against whoever is outside.

Last night I heard Bailey, our other dog, bark. It's that bark that says there is something outside that doesn't belong. So, Rick and Hunter got up to check it out and lo and behold, a skunk was in our backyard. Bo was running his face along the ground indicating he'd been sprayed.

Rick had to do what any smart country man would do - he got the shotgun and took that little skunk out with one shot! Then they began the grueling task of trying to rid poor Bo of the stench. Surprisingly, it worked very well.
Rick and Hunter gave this stinky pup a bath in tomato juice ~
Getting dried off ~


No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...