Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Vintage Summer Recipe

One of my favorite childhood memories was in the form of a simple, yet delicious, popsicle. Not the store bought kind. No sir! The homemade kind. My mom made them regularly for us to enjoy. When I started having a family of my own, she passed along this recipe and the popsicle holders.  

Last week Addison whipped up a batch. They are simple and amazing and when I make or eat them, it takes me back to summers as a child. I have such sweet memories of growing up and for that, I am simply grateful. 

 I love creating memories my kids will enjoy in the moment, remember with fondness in the future and hopefully pass along to their own families one day. 

 Strawberry flavored 

 Ta-da! Tupperware! These are old but they still look new! Obviously, this is before the holders were put on. 

Most things in life I enjoy tend to be simple pleasures. This is no exception. Simple and yummy! You can choose whatever flavor of jello and kool-aid you like. All are equally yum!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...