Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Flashback

This week I had an opportunity to be very near our very first home. I had to drive by and snap a picture. It's just a house now. Someone else lives there. The same people we sold it to in 1998. But once upon a time, it was our home. 

Rick and I bought this house from some friends. We were so excited and we truly loved this house! It was tiny. Under 1400 square feet. Three bedrooms and one living room. The tiniest kitchen you've ever seen but I adored this house! Loved it! Rick and I spent hours painting and decorating and most of all creating memories in this house that we called home. 

Hunter was 6 months old when we moved in. He learned to walk here. And run. He threw his first baseball here and learned to catch and swing the bat.  Starting when  he was 18 months old he wouldn't let a day go by without playing  baseball. He and Rick spent hundreds of hours in the den, then the yard and often the garage when it was cold playing catch or having batting practice.  He would play catch and hit baseballs for hours! 

Rick and Hunter planted the tree out front. It was tiny. Now 20 years later it's huge.

We brought our newborn baby Kyleigh home here. She learned to crawl and walk here too. They would swing in the backyard and ride bikes and trikes out front. She was only one when we moved to our next house but this house...this is the first place that really felt like home. 

Something special about that first house you make a home by living with and loving the people who matter!
 
Driving by brought back such sweet memories! 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...