Thursday, July 25, 2013

Random Musings

I was browsing through pictures I'd taken on my phone this week. It hit me how random and yet how simple the little snapshots of our life are! Also,  it reminded me of what I already knew. The ordinary things are often made extraordinary when they are done with the right people!!

 I was having a conversation with a friend recently about how these things we do each day are what make up our lives. This is life. Although amazing...it's really not the vacations or the big celebrations that make up life. It's not the waiting for everything to be perfect to enjoy and live life- ordinary turned extraordinary. Just the day to day events that make our lives..well, life!

 I'm grateful.

A few little glimpses at a week in our life! 
This little chick got braces on this week! Sure did make her look grown up. She looks happy here. She was. About two hours later - not so much. I believe  when the pain set in her exact words were.. 
"My life is ruined. I can't even eat!" I so feel her pain. We all did. 
At one point our doorbell rang. As we ran to answer it (we get excited at visitors) this is what greeted us. He thought the reactions (translation...screams) of 4 females were funny. He thought the snake was beautiful. We did not agree. Gross! However, the best snake is a dead snake. 
For that, I'm grateful.
This happens a lot, but this day in particular, it made me grateful because Kyleigh had been in bed for days with a virus! It was good to see her up and around enjoying her sisters. 
Thankful for good health.
My kids are suckers for infomercials. They are gullible. Preslie has been talking about this slushy maker for weeks. And with a catchy name like Squeezy Freezy - who can blame her!? I picked it up for her while in Walmart this week. It made her happy and she has been a slushy making machine! Surprisingly enough, it works. The treasures you can find in the 'as seen on tv' aisle at Walmart. 
This year has been weird where weather is concerned. I am mildly obsessed with the sky, clouds, storms, sunrises and sunsets. My camera and my phone are full of amazing sky shots. It's July. In Oklahoma. We're normally 100+ temps with no rain in sight. This summer our pond filled up and I've worn sweatshirts a few evenings. Weird...yet I am so thankful for comfortable temperatures sprinkled in. 
Preslie is on a wedding kick. Her wedding is being planned in her little mind and she shares details off and on. She's going all out and dreaming big! There is a horse drawn carriage involved among other things. 

One evening, she put on a dress so she could practice dancing with her daddy  I melt. 

After the dancing she created her wedding cake (or a 100) on an Ipad app. This was her fav!

This is blurry but Addison's soccer team were recognized and awarded trophy's for being league champions for their age group. She loves soccer so much and we love watching her play and use the gifts God gave her! 

I am simply grateful for the little pleasures in life and for the people I'm blessed to share this life! 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...