The fourth of July is a day our country celebrates freedom. Freedom many men and women have fought and died for so that we could live in a free country. My dad fought in two wars and on the front lines. Certainly, God spared his life many times and I'm grateful for the hero I knew as Dad. I'm thankful we can celebrate our freedom, honor those who fought and continue to fight for our country and live in a country that is free indeed!
Ten years ago, July 4th brought new meaning of freedom to me personally. Hard to believe I have been cancer free for a whole decade! As I embarked on a fight of my own through a diagnosis of cancer, life as I knew it ceased and He gave me abundantly more than I could ask or imagine. I had more than enough to win because I had Jesus. Over the past ten years He has freed me from much. His word tells us we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. (Romans 8:37).
All glory to God ~ How grateful I am for His mercy and love.
How thankful I am that as Ephesians 1:7 tells us - He is so rich in kindness & grace that He purchased our freedom with the blood of His Son, and forgave our sins.
That is true freedom. Oh, that we would all live in His victory each and every day!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Friday, July 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment