Today our family embarks on a new adventure. After four years of being taught at home, the girls are off to Lincoln. Addison will begin her 8th grade year and Kyleigh her junior year. They are both nervous, yet excited. It's been a decision we've wrestled with and prayed about but ultimately believe God has been preparing us for this very thing! Today is day one in what I trust and know will be an amazing experience.
There will be lockers, schedules, homework, new teachers and new friendships! Lunches to be packed and events to attend. Uniforms. Parking permits. Commuting. Football games and dances. Projects, reports, quizzes and tests. So much new! So much fun!
The past four years of having all 3 of our girls at home has been incredible to me. We have grown in countless ways and the past four years have deepened and solidified the relationships between us all. The investment and the sacrifices have all been worth it and are most certainly outweighed by the benefits. I wouldn't trade a moment of spending time with these girls each day.
I cling to the truth that God has richly blessed me and has given our girls such a sweet friendship.
So, yes, there is an enormous amount of change in our lives right now, but I believe life is not meant to be stagnent or characterized by sameness. Living and thriving amidst the change. Growing and becoming all God intends us to be. Getting out of our comfort zones and trusting God who is able. Not letting fear chart our course because ultimately fear doesn't protect us but keeps us from living life.
So, we'll adjust to a new normal with a great deal of expectation and excitement! I know that God has great things planned for each of us in this new season of life!
Uniforms - new look for these two but they are precious



No comments:
Post a Comment