Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Old Things New

In the 70's my parents bought me this grand bike! It was an orange 10-speed and I promise you that I put 100's of miles on that bike. I rode it everyday for hours! It was back in the day when you could call your friend on your pink princess phone and say "wanna meet half-way and ride bikes" and we would. Probably why I had great legs in the 70s and 80s : ) Anyway, this bike has made every move with us these past several decades. It hasn't been ridden because the tires were shot. The brakes were so-so and the chain needed some oil. Other than that, this bike has withstood the test of time. 

Hunter has had his eye on the bike for some time and has talked of getting it in working order. So we did. It now has new life in Stillwater and he is loving it! I love that he loves it and that this bike has new life. Something neat about vintage things and I'm glad my kids have an appreciation for old things made new. 

These are the original tires...good grief! 
New tires and all things back in working order! Appropriately orange because OSU was on my  mind and in my plan in the 70's! 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...