Being the note-taker that I am, I have notes. Lots of notes!! I often look back over the message God spoke to me through Beth Moore and find encouragement and strength to keep on pressing on. God's word never returns void and I wanted to keep a record of what I heard that weekend. I dug my notebook out this morning and read through it again.
I decided to record it here for anyone who may read and need the encouragement as well. I'm not a speaker or teacher - these are just the notes I took from Beth- but I trust God will fill in the gaps and speak to the hearts of those who seek Him.
** when you see these 2 stars...those are my thoughts that I fully believe the Holy Spirit spoke to me as I listened and read. Just know they are not carved in stone but certainly imprinted on my heart as truth.
The first scripture Beth read was Psalm 103. A particularly meaningful scripture to me. Ten years ago, I came upon Psalm 103 and verse 2-3 gave me peace and encouragement in a mighty way.
"Praise The Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases. Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion. Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
Do you, I, find it easier to believe He forgives than heals? Has the world taught us that some sins are unforgivable? Some disease too far gone? That's not what God says. He says ALL sin. ALL disease.
Next we sang Revelation Song. One of my absolute favorite songs of all time!
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Holy, holy is He
Sing a new song to Him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Holy, holy is He
Sing a new song to Him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings
You are my everything and I will adore You
Clothed in rainbows of living color
Flashes of lighting rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor strength and glory and power be
To You the only wise King
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings
You are my everything and I will adore You
Filled with wonder awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your name
Jesus Your name is power, breath and living water
Such a marvelous mystery
Oh, You're worthy, mystery
You are worthy
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings
You are my everything and I will adore You, I will adore You
Kari Jobe has a great version on YouTube.
7700 women packed out the BOK that weekend!
Beth began reading from Exodus 15 which she told us was one of the oldest portions of scripture. It's a poem/song sung by Moses and his sister Miriam celebrating God's victory over Pharaoh and his army. As Beth almost always does, she reads before and after the selected scripture to give background and history and ties it all together.
Exodus 14:10 says, 'As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to The Lord. They said to Moses, "Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt." (note the fear and frustration and lack of faith)
Before them was a sea. Behind them - the enemy. In Exodus 14:13-14 Moses tells them not to be afraid. He says to them, "Stand firm" and reminds them God will fight for them and that they only need to be still! THEN...God says to Moses in verse 15 - "Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on."
**For thought** What are some areas in my life that God is saying 'move it'
1)When God says 'go forward' don't even think about standing still.
Now, this next part just blew me away!! Verse 19 says this..."Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel's army, withdrew and went BEHIND them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, coming between the armies of Egypt and Israel."
**The angel of God moved behind them.. Not only as a barrier to protect them but just maybe to keep them from turning back and God forbid, returning to their comfort zone..."Egypt" - How many times am I tempted to go back to what I know and return to the bondage of 'my Egypt'!?
**Sometimes we get in a crisis of faith because I think He told me to go forward and then I do and all of the sudden it seems I don't see Him anymore. Maybe it's because He has moved behind me as in verse 19. Hems me in! 2013 has been a year where Rick and I have prayed, sought God and His wisdom and guidance. We prayed for confirmation to step out in some areas that certainly required faith on our parts or to make it clear not to move forward. Sometimes the 'reality' makes us question if we heard Him right. Sometimes we get scared and want to turn back.
I am reminded of what Rick tells me when I begin to doubt. He uses word pictures and analogies a lot. He will simply say to me...don't look at the waves.
New person - New place. Don't keep returning to 'my Egypt' -
No comments:
Post a Comment