Exodus 15:4 Pharaoh's chariots and his army He has hurled into the sea. The BEST of Pharaoh's officers are drowned in the Red Sea.
No one is better or more victorious than our God. Not even the best.
In Exodus 15:9 the enemy boasts. "I will pursue, I will overtake them. I will divide the spoils. I will gorge myself with them. I will draw my sword and my hand will destroy them.
Six times satan says "I will" - Numbers symbolize things in the bible. Man was created on the 6th day. It is the number often acquainted with satan. Satan does whisper and at times yell his lies. That's why it so important that we know the truth so we can recognize the lies.
Beth read Exodus 15:9 and spoke how boldly and pridefully satan said what he will do. To that God said, I think you will NOT! She referred us back to Exodus 6:6-7 to what God spoke in His covenant promises.
Therefore, say to the Israelites: "I am The Lord, and I WILL bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I WILL free you from being slaves to them, and I WILL redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgement. I WILL take you as my own people, and I WILL be your God. Then you will know that I am The Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. And I WILL bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I WILL give it to you as a possession. I am The Lord.
Of course God says I WILL 7 times. Seven is the number associated with God. Completion, perfection. He is the victor. His promises do not fail. He is fighting for us, just as He did the Israelites.
*Do I know what it's like to have someone fight for me?!
Point 2) Nobody appreciates deliverance like those who have nearly been destroyed!
**Isn't that the truth!! I've nearly been destroyed. I think in some form or fashion, we all have been. Additionally, it's like forgiveness. I've been forgiven so much by God. How can I not be grateful? How can I not extend forgiveness?!
God does not bandage us up, He heals. He restores.
Beth points out three truths from lifes experiences.
~ The journey we are on in the life is more dangerous than we ever thought.
~Our enemy is deadlier than we ever dreamed
~ Our God is closer and mightier than we have the capacity to imagine.
Pharaoh and his army were destroyed in the Red Sea. Afterwards, in Exodus 15:20 Miriam does something extraordinary in response to God's deliverance.
"Then Miriam, the prophetess, Aaron's sister, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women followed her, and with tambourines and dancing, Miriam sang to them: "Sing to The Lord for He is highly exalted. The horse and it's rider He has hurled into the sea."
Because Beth is so real and human she had to make us break into laughter with a simple question. Did they pack tambourines before their journey!?
**Apparently they did. It made me wonder - did they have that kind of faith and trust to just prepare to praise God with singing and dancing. Were they able to have that kind of faith and trust to know that He would faithfully come through for them. That God would fulfill His promises. Even though the circumstances looked impossible! They walked by faith, not by sight!?! That is the kind of faith I want. To count on His faithfulness and to immediately praise Him and give Him back all the glory! Miriam wasn't dancing and singing alone. She had her girlfriends with her! No one likes to dance alone!
We get to see Miriam from about age 13 til about 93 years old. In Exodus 2:9 she is about 13 and Aaron is about 3. (Numbers 16:59 tells more about their family). Moses was a newborn. He was placed in a basket in the river to be kept safe from evil people who were murdering newborn males. Miriam would have lived to see about 80 years of events including Moses' protection from death as an infant, passage through the Red Sea on dry ground no less, Moses given the 10 Commandments and 40 years of captivity and on and on.
**We all have a history of God's faithfulness in our lives. I desire to keep a running record of how He works in my life for His glory. There are times I need to look back and be reminded of His faithfulness in my life's journey. It builds my faith. It encourages me and I pray others as well.
He is faithful.
Point 3) When faith takes a journey, pack a tambourine!
Miriam took her tambourine. It seems clear she expected God to deliver. She expected to be singing, dancing and praising God. That kind of praise is ordained by God!
Psalm 81:2 Begin the music, strike the tambourine, play the melodious harp and lyre.
Psalm 149:3 Let them praise His name with dancing and make music to Him with the tambourine and harp.
Psalm 150:4 Praise Him with tambourine and dancing.
** There is nothing like praise music to bring refreshment to my soul. There is a dramatic difference in my mood when I listen to praise and worship music. Especially when the songs are scripture put to music! As I spent the weekend soaking in the truth I kept thinking how much of what Beth said tied back to a Chris Tomlin song, "Whom Shall I Fear" - More on that later.
Point 4) The song of Moses is not just historic, it's prophetic.
Exodus 15:1-15 was the song Beth began the message with. She shares Revelation 15:3-4 "They held harps given them by God and sang the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the lamb:
Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways King of the ages, Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed."
**That was just a couple hours on Friday night. Saturday still to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment