Thursday, February 20, 2014

Puny


Such a great and loving dad! I'm so thankful for a girl who still fits on our laps. Who wears feety pajamas and has hands that still fit in mine. I'm thankful for healthy kids!

It all started a week ago Monday. Eleven days ago to be exact. Addison woke with a sore throat and a tummy ache. She'd miss two days of school but truth be told, she probably could have benefited from missing all week. But she rallied through. Saturday, Preslie woke up with the same symptoms plus a fever. Not trying to one-up her sister, just a fluke. Yesterday was day 5 of a fever 102+ and this picture pretty much sums out how she's been. On a lap, on the couch or in our bed. Poor baby!  Addison said yesterday she missed Preslie's non-stop talking. I think she intended that to be a compliment. :-)

We visited the doctor Tuesday. Despite the antibiotic her fever and symptoms hung on. She woke at 6:00 yesterday with a 103.3 fever. I called Mom because I wanted to confirm that morning temperatures were supposed to be at their lowest point. She confirmed. So, I offered another prayer and gave her some Advil. I just want my girl back to 100% ~

The last several days Rick and I have been on fumes. He's not that dad who stays in bed when the kids are sick. He gets up with me and helps me care for them. Anyway, I'm not complaining about the missed sleep. We just laugh at how old we feel. We have been reminded of how exhausted we were as parents of newborns so last nights full night of rest was a welcome change. I'm encouraged that she must be better today because she slept all night and I've only heard one cough in the past 5 hours! Good health should never be taken for granted! I look forward to her being back full-throttle! 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...