Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring Break

We actually did enjoy a nice spring break. There were no planes or boats involved. No beaches or ski slopes. No baseball trips or long car rides. Just a nice, quiet, relaxing week of being together. Dinners around the table, catching up on shows we like to watch together, being outside, laughter, visits and just being home. 

I'm grateful for four kids who never complained, begged for more or expected to be entertained. We all might have enjoyed a vacation but this week it was simply a stay-cation and it was very good!

The first night everyone was home together. Hunter and I walked in the woods looking for sheds aka deer antlers. Afterwards the 4 of them enjoyed a friendly game of 2-2. Odds vs Evens
My brother had double knee replacement so we spend a lot of time at MiMi's helping with his recovery. We went to Colonial Park for brief outings. 

We worked puzzles at MiMi's house

More puzzle working
Horse-back riding

And more...

Practicing her shots
Some tennis
Friday night we all went to see God's Not Dead! Excellent movie and such a great message!
 Truth always frees!
Some basketball games thrown in - #22 is Addison
Saturday night we attended church before Hunter took off for school and a new week! 

I'm always grateful for togetherness. Grateful for relationships and the memories we make as we do life together! I'm blessed beyond measure. 






No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...