Monday, March 31, 2014

Such Fun!

Saturday I got to do something I've never done before! Not as a teen and not as a mom. I love it so much that at age 47 I'm still getting to do new and exciting things!

Last week, Kyleigh was asked to prom, so that only means one thing. (well, it means more than that but you know what I mean) Prom dress shopping!!  So, Saturday, we took our compiled list of places to shop, planned out places to eat, where to get a snack aka Starbucks and set off for T-town. 

Ironically, the first place we went was owned by a former teacher at Lincoln. What are the chances? I considered it a divine appointment! She gave us good insight and direction. It was great to meet her and Kyleigh and I both enjoyed working with her. The shop had some beautiful dresses and Kyleigh had such fun trying them on. I know she felt like a princess. She looked like one too! As I watched her, the thought dawned on me that prom dress shopping is sort of a dress (pardon the pun) rehearsal for the day we will shop for wedding gowns. As a mom of three girls, that means I get to do that 3x! What an honor and privilege. I had such fun going with my mom trying on wedding gowns! It will be just as fun on this side of things. 

Little girls are synonymous with dressing up and wearing heels. What little girl doesn't dream of being a princess? We had a huge tub of 'dress up clothes' that were often the favorite go-to by the girls. Trying on different prom dresses is very much like that and I'm so glad she had such fun. So did I! She looked beautiful in them all. I'm grateful I got to share the day with her - it was a mom-daughter highlight for sure!

The one she chose is gorgeous and she is gorgeous wearing it! In a few weeks you can see it for yourself right here. Until then...a little look back. 

She was often clomping around in my heels. 
 
 

 
When she was 7 she got to be the flowergirl in the wedding of OUR flowergirl. Goodness. She had such fun getting to be in a beautiful gown, getting hair and nails and being with all the 'big girls'

I know with every opportunity to dress up and be a princess, for a time, is a great memory maker. The beauty of it is, whether in a prom dress, a wedding gown or a pair of jeans....she is a princess because she is daughter of the King!   And, "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says The Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthians 6:18

 





No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...