Thursday, July 24, 2014

I Don't Want to See This

A couple of weeks ago I rejoined facebook. I've been off for two years because it had become, for me, a source of negativity. Seemed most of the updates were negative in tone or nature. I know we live in a world that isn't all rainbows and butterflies but it's also not 100% poison. Although, some of my facebook friends make it hard to tell!! Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I reactivated my account because there are some things on FB I just needed access to. I'm glad I'm back, mostly.

But, I've become a big fan of a button option that simply says, "I don't want to see this" and you can click on it and erase from your feed that update. To say I use it frequently when I'm on facebook would be an understatement ;0

I got to thinking wouldn't it be funny if we could do that in real life?! Just click the 'I don't want to see this" button on some people and some things. I'd also like an 'I don't want to hear this" button. Satan is waging war and he most often attacks us/me through thoughts and through the careless and negative words of people. Satan is always whispering (and often shouting) lies and when and where I can, I keep that exposure to a minimum. 

In all seriousness, I do like the button on facebook but I'm grateful that God has sprinkled my life with some extraordinary people. Truth speaking, God-fearing, faith-filled people. People who speak life, not death. I'm grateful He is creating in me a heart to see past the actions and the words of some people and just love them like Jesus does. It requires more than I have in my own humanness but with Him, all things are possible.

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...