Last Friday, Preslie and I headed off to a 'sleepover' for her American Heritage Girls event. It's been a fun group and she's enjoying the time with new friends. When I signed her up, I didn't know there would be extended events. ;O But, the kick off event was a sleep-over at a church in Dewey.
There was pizza, popcorn, snacks, candy, games, music, lots and lots of nail painting and hair doing. It was fun to see her having such fun times with her friends. I got to get to know some moms better and enjoyed the time. Until bedtime.
We aren't really sleepover people. Actually, the girls may have been sleep over people, but think because they're mine, I've tainted them. So, now they really aren't sleepover people either. Typically. I'd rather let them stay til mid-night and go pick them up and bring them home. Rick even bribed Preslie with go-carts if she came home at midnight. But, ultimately we let her choose. She chose to stay.
Fortunately, we packed our bags and I brought an air mattress and we had sleeping bags. We set up to sleep, but sleep eluded us. Sixteen people on a gym floor is not all that conducive to good sleep. I didn't complain though. Neither did she. In addition to the fact that because I love her so, I wanted her to get the full experience, I was also laying near a 45 year old who was 8 months pregnant!! She was on her air mattress with a great attitude and never complained. She too loves her little girl more than she loves her own comfort.
Isn't that the way mama's are though! We love our babies more than we love ourselves. But, once again it just reinforces to me that any sacrifice is always worth it! We made fun memories that will last a lifetime!

No comments:
Post a Comment