Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Everyone is, or atleast seems to be more grateful. Grateful for things we tend to take for granted daily. Additionally, there is anticipation of all to come. It's a wondeful holiday and the family, food and fun gives me reason more to be thankful.
But, our Thanksgiving wasn't perfect. It never is. No matter how perfect things look in pictures, no one has a perfect Thanksgiving. I captured a varieity of moments on my phone (none perfect) and they're all a snapshot of our day. No perfectly posed pictures - just random ones. Good and not so good moments all wrapped up in the day.
At times my heart silently hurt missing my dad. I'm sure we all had those moments throughout the day. Imagining him standing beside my mom as she prepared the same meal I've had for 48 years. Enjoying traditions the two of them began many years ago. The majority of them blessed to have him in the kitchen beside her. Comforted knowing one day we will see him again.
I'm grateful to have spent the day with people I love and doing life with some extraordinary people who make the ordinary wonderful.
A little bit of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - Snoopy is the 'mascot' of Rick and my relationship. He always gives me Snoopy Cards. Oddly enough, I resemble Lucy in looks and in character. Poor Rick lol
This girl does not feel well at all. She felt lousy enough to drink of some Essential Oils. Apparently, holding her nose made it bearable.
These two did a workout before we began marathon eating! Go Hunter and Addi! Do some for me too!
My mother-in-law got new plates. The color is pretty in person. On here, not so much.
After we ate dinner at Shawns, Addi, Preslie, MiMi and I played Catchphrase.
Our nephew, Tyler, joined us for Thanksgiving this year. Happy spending time with him! The grandkids helped decorate MiMi's tree!
The Tree Topper was on when we got there. Preslie asked to take it off so she could put it back. Of course we obliged.
Everyone playing Catchphrase! So much laughter, though in these pictures, no laughter, just listening for clues! It was such fun!! Something about playing games makes such fun memories!











No comments:
Post a Comment