I like having tangible markers to look back on and be thankful.
And 25 years, like every year, is a big deal to us.
On August 22, 1989 Rick took me to The Polo Grill at Utica for dinner. That night he also proposed to me and three months later on December 2nd, we were married. We've gone back to The Polo Grill many times since to celebrate our anniversary. Always special.
This is the exact place and table where we were engaged. We could see if from the booth we sat in and I loved that we got a glimpse of 25 years earlier. I'm thankful for that sweet memory.
My salad
Our marriage has been like all marriages. Ups and downs. Fights and making up. Laughter and tears. Richer and poorer. Better and worse. Sickness and health. But, through it all, anchored by love. Love for our Savior and one another. We are best friends. We've brought four amazing children into this world and we are richly blessed in so many ways.
We talked about how many of our anniversaries have been overshadowed by unfortunate circumstances that have delayed or altogether cancelled our anniversary celebration in years past. We've had sick kids, icy roads, and in 2003 we sat together in the chemo room while I received my next to last chemo treatment. We have endured some tough things together.
But, not this year! We savored our day! We protected it and we celebrated it. We reminisced about all the things we've done in twenty-five years. I'm thankful to have spent the day making more memories and beginning 25 more years together. What a blessing to do life together and I'm oh so grateful for the gift of his friendship and love.





No comments:
Post a Comment