Monday, December 8, 2014

We Still Do

Twenty-five years ago Rick proposed to me with a gold band. As we celebrate twenty-five years together, we go forward wearing silver. We had my ring reset in silver and chose a new silver ring for him. 

Reminders of where we've been and symbolic of our love and commitment as we go forward. I love our new settings and what they mean to us. I'm thankful for the sweet memory we made as he gave my new ring to me. It wasn't supposed to be ready for a few more days, but he suprised me with it early.  Kneeling down on one knee (just as he did in 1989) in front of our Christmas Tree,  he asked me for 25 more years. I said yes and I say yes every single day. 

I'm thankful that after 25 years we still get to make precious, new memories. 

I noticed how much our hands have aged, but I'm grateful. I don't want to erase the age spots or wrinkles.  They tell a part of our story. These hands have held tight to one another. They've held four precious babies. Little hands have been held in these hands. Tears have been wiped away. Meals prepared, laundry folded, yards mowed, flowers planted, gifts wrapped, trees decorated, coffee made, bills paid, cards written, wounds and scars bandaged, books held, prayers prayed, bibles carried and opened and so many other things.  These hands still hold one another! 

I'm proud and grateful to be Rick's best friend and wife. I love him so. 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...