Wednesday, March 18, 2015

SB15

Surreal. This very well may be the last time we all have spring break vacation together. Not that there won't be vacations taken - but, Hunter won't be a college student much longer and who knows what next March will look like. Although we didn't go on any extraordinary vacations, we're all together. That's all I care about. 

I'd rather do little to nothing with these people I love than see the world alone!

It's been a good week. Great weather and no agenda. Rick's taken off a day and will take another Friday. We've been outside, taken walks, caught up on shows we like, watched movies, stayed up late and slept in. I've gotten to cook more than normal and make desserts and love my people with food! That sure  makes this mama happy. Every bed is full, every seat around the table is full and memories are being made!

Preslie determined the agenda for yesterday. Some might say that's not out of the ordinary. 

When January began, we all choose a word to pray about, live by and learn scripture. Preslie's word was victory. We've been reading verses about victory and defining areas she needs to overcome. A big one for her is fear. Yesterday, she was victorious. 

We grabbed 1/2 price shakes at Sonic and Subway Sandwiches. We took them to the park and ate before we made the climb.

Preslie's been wanting to cimb to the top of the newly renovated tower at Sooner Park. The same tower Rick and I climbed up as kids. However, much safer now. It's 50 feet high. It's 50 years old. I'm sure it was a sight yesterday. The wind was blowing crazy and it was chilly, but it happened. It wasn't without lots of encouragment and prodding - but there were no screams or tears! Sometimes peer pressure can be a really good thing. 

Below is the picture of us before we climbed up.  





She was so thrilled she did it. Getting out of our comfort zone can be daunting. But, the victory is great. Overcoming things gives us what we need to keep pushing forward and do other hard things. 

Last night, burning began. Fortunately, the wind had died down so Rick, Hunter and Preslie could burn. Boys like fire. It's just a fact of life.


She's not a fan of fire. Last year there were tears and meltdowns. This year she rocked it!

Kyleigh, Addison and I enjoyed the view from inside while we caught up on Pretty Little Liars. 

It was a good day! 






No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...