Twenty-three years ago, life became sweeter.
Every day. It is true that God's ways and thoughts are higher and greater! I never fathomed having a son like Hunter! He is so much more than I dreamed or imagined. What a joy and a pleasure it's been to be his mama. What fun it is to now move to a season where I get to enjoy him as an adult. What neat times ahead. But, in all of God's goodness, he has filled my heart with abundant memories of the past.
But, this day we got to all gather together to feast on Dink's and carrot cake. Grateful to have a house full of people who love and celebrate his life. It was fun to give him gifts to enjoy, but none sweeter to me than the gift of his time. Another memory to hold onto as we make this house a home. It's the people who make life worth living. My life is sure richer for the people God has so graciously blessed me with.
Happy 23rd birthday to you Hunter! You sure are loved!
The irony of this carnivore, chocolate loving guy wanting carrot cake! It is hard to beat and we devoured it. And, it was preceded by a meat based dinner with some of his favorite side dishes as well.
I can't wait to see what the next 23 years hold for this guy! He's sure in a good place.
No comments:
Post a Comment