Monday, February 13, 2017

Homecoming 2017

Addi was the junior homecoming attendant for the 2017 basketball season. Kyleigh and I rallied around her to shop for her dress and we had such fun! The day of homecoming we took her to have make-up applied at Sephora and Kyleigh did a beautiful job on her hair. It was a fun day to be Addi and I'm thankful we got to be a part of her day. 

The locker room was full of make-up, hair products, flat irons, perfume, nail polish, moms, sisters and friends. There was screaming and oohing and ah-ing by all the girls as each one came out in their dresses. It was refreshing and encouraging to hear teen girls complimenting and validating one another  with genuineness. Don't we know that it doesn't always happen that way?! But, wouldn't it be grand if it was the norm!?

So much love in that locker room and I pray that it's all forever burned in Addi's heart and mind. I pray that as she continues to grow and move about this world, she'll continue to be that to others and God will surround her with friends who build her up as well. Who know their true value is in Christ. Who speak life. Who encourage and protect. Who never make her feel less than or too much. Friendships where they rally around to celebrate the good stuff and support in the not so good. Steady friends, grounded in truth. 

I'm grateful for having three girls who are already that to one another. And honored that I get to not only be mom, but friend. What a gift to have that inner circle of best friends in the form of sisters. While the circle will expand, that inner circle is priceless and I will be forever and ever, simply grateful. 
This beautiful girl at her  basketball locker
Freshman, sophomore, junior and both senior attendants as well as her sweet teammates
Isn't she lovely!?
The Junior attendants
Some of the supporting cast 
More support and love from these two
Her two best girlfriends came to see her, too! 
Coach Stewart
Coach Woods
I don't know why this is a thing, but it is and it had to be in pictures ~ 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...