God's word tells us that His ways and His thoughts are higher. Greater. Better. That is some good news!
Our pastor described God's omniscience in a way I understood. I know that God knows all and sees all from the beginning to the end. He knows everything before it even happens. He speaks in the past tense of things yet to be. So, he described this as in relation to a parade. For those of us watching a parade go by, we can see it as it passes in front of us. But God, He sees it as He is above it and can see the entire thing, beginning to end and all the parts in the middle.
That's both reassuring and puzzling to me all at the same time. I am in a place right now that I never dreamed I would be again. A true, unexpected blessing that God is graciously allowing in our lives. For the 1st time in six years, all four of our children are living here with us for a season. Never did I ever imagine that this would be the case. And fortunately, this truth is our reality because some really good things are going on in our lives.
So, I'm savoring this precious time. Going to sleep at night with a full nest and a full heart. No one is leaving on Sunday. The dinner table is full. We get to gather and share meals and conversations together. The washer and the dishwasher run a bit more than normal. But, I get to. I'm storing it all up in my memories. No words can adequately express my gratitude.
I get to do what I was made to do again. For a season. I know that in a few short months our reality will change. And while we look forward to some pretty exciting and wonderful things ahead, I want to live in this moment. Right here and right now. Soaking up the time with my favorite people in all the world.
These lives we live are so fragile and so precious. Days we can't get back. Face to face moments that I so cherish. Our relationships with our children are quite different that a decade ago. They don't need us in the same ways. But, this stage is wonderful. These people are pretty incredible. I'm grateful God has poured our His blessings on us in ways I never imagined.
These are good days.
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment