We keep getting animals around here. Since Kyleigh and Colten married last July, we’ve been house dog free for the 1st time in my whole life. I grew up with dogs and I adore them. There’s just something about coming home to a house with a dog inside that makes it feel a bit like home.
Dogs are such an example of what I often wish people were more like. Always happy to see you, get up from whatever they’re doing (sleep usually)to greet you. Companionship is a high character quality, as well as faithfulness, loyalty, trust and while they can and are quite a bit of work at the puppy stage, it’s short lived and in the long run, it truly is well worth the time and energy required.
Kyleigh and Colten brought Sally into our lives. She is a high energy, playful and lover of physical touch! Playing ball is her absolute favorite thing and every day we learn a bit more about who she is! She can be quite a guard dog, yet very affectionate and a quick learner.
Sally-gal
Addi has wanted a cat for as long as I can remember. She’s been patient in the wait. When Kyleigh moved out, we went to the SPCA and she picked out a sweet cat who she named Darby. She’s a funny little cat. Very vocal and loves people. Dogs, not so much, but people - yes!
Rick and Hunter have decided to get into the cattle business. They started with 5 and those 5 have had calves. We love watching and waiting for them to be born and they’re adorable. More mamas will be coming out here soon and the babies will be leaving. But, just around the corner will be more babies.
I’m not sure we have plans to get other animals. But, you can never tell. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment