To say I'm overwhelmed by the outpouring is a bit of an
understatement. Thank you all for the encouragement! I just can't put into words how much it means to me. It's been such a treat to hear from you via facebook, texts and calls! Truly. Love it!
As a bit of an update physically ~
This week has been most productive already. I had my port placement done yesterday afternoon and everything went well. I have to say I prefer afternoon surgeries over early morning ones and it was nice not having to rush around and get up in the dark. Our mornings can have our typical rhythm and I'm grateful that we can get home and eat as a family and ease into evening. We rested well last night and I woke today feeling fairly normal.
The site is sore, but not painful. I'll tell you that having the port is so convenient and I'm truly grateful for it, BUT, it creeps me out. Something about it's location and having it accessed makes me a weak kneed. However, I am asking specifically that God helps me overcome that and it will be a non-issue. Only 4 sticks! I can handle it!
So, Thursday at 12:45 I'll get labs draw (stick 1) and then chemo will begin around 1:00 and should last until 4:00.
Sadly, Rick cannot go with me due to COVID restrictions. Cannot express how sad I am about this, but I've asked and trusted that God will make me available and that my eyes will be open to others who have a need, who need a friend, some hope and encouragement. I can't wait to see what He does. Stay tuned!
Truth is ~ I won't be alone and neither will he be! He may be out in the parking lot waiting in the truck while I am in the chemo cubical, but neither of us will be alone. That we are sure! Our God never leaves or forsakes us and HE knows right where are at any given moment. He is Immanuel, God with us!
Will you remember to pray for Rick and our kids through this? I tend to be on the receiving end of much prayer, and please know how grateful I am for those prayers. Please don't stop! They are priceless and as we're told - effective! Often it's the support people who get lost in shadows, so I would be eternally grateful if you remember to pray for them to continue having peace, strength as we all trust in the One who is worthy.
So, that's it from here! I've ordered a new study to work on over the next several weeks. If you're interested in working through with me, I'd love the company! I've ordered "The Faithful" from Lifeway. It's a compilation of Bible Study teachers who will teach on some heroes of the faith - Esther, Gideon, Malachi, Nehemiah and Hosea. The teachers include some of my absolute favorites - Kelly Minter, Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore, Lisa Harper and Jennifer Rothschild!
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer ~ Romans 12:12
All for His Glory ~
Mindi
No comments:
Post a Comment