Friday, May 21, 2021

Will Smith said it this way: 

Now this is the story all about how

My life got flipped, turned upside down

It's said that life is 10% what happens and 90% our response to it. While I agree with that statement there are times, many times that the 10% and the 90% fall short of my expectations.

Enneagrams are a fun, insightful way to see our strengths and weakness along with motivations, fears, methods to all the things we do along the way. Not to be used as a crutch or excuse, but just a tool to improve and adjust. And they help us understand how we are likely to view and respond that 10%. 

I've no doubt that all of us can attest to this being true in some form or fashion - not just this past year but over the course of our lifetimes. 

2020 was rough and there is most certainly carry over in our lives. If I'm honest there is plenty that's happened over the past 15 months I simply would not have chosen. But, if history has taught me nothing else, I don't get to control much of it. But, striving to remember what I know to be true about God and His ways and filter my circumstances through His character. Remember my history with Him. 

So, that's where the 90% comes in and my constant quest to respond with eternity in view and asking time and time again for God to equip and empower me with faith, strength, hope, courage and do my part to fight the good fight of faith. Stand firm and as the old hymn goes, trust and obey there is no other way to be happy in Jesus  than to trust and obey.

Rhythms of life are ever changing and I'm still finding my bearings and trying to catch my breath as we come out from under all the upheaval of the past 15 months between covid and cancer. But, the C that trumps all  of it is Christ
  
So, behind the clouds is the sun and while we can't see it or feel the warmth, we know it's there. And that's how it's been for the past 15 months. His presence has been with me every step. In moments when I can't feel Him, I trust in the truth that He is right there, where He's always been. And He will not fail or forsake in times of trouble. 

As we navigate the season of refreshment, restoration, healing and coming out from under the weight of it all, I'm striving to lighten up a little, laugh more, do things we enjoy and that refresh, energize and one step at a time that's what we will do!






No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...